Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Details for Persuasion Read-Along



So our Persuasion read-along is scheduled to begin in less than a week! And here are a few more details... 

#1: I'm thinking we'll try to do about three chapters a week, in which case we might be finished around the end of February. (If that sounds like way too much let me know, but also, if you get behind, don't worry...there's no stringent test at the end!)

#2: Since it's a classic, I'll be assuming the story's already familiar to everyone at some level (either through one of the films or from previous reading), so there may be occasional future references/spoilers.

#3: In case you're interested, here's a link to a book review I did for Persuasion last summer. And (I know it's not everyone's cup of tea), but here's one for my review of the '07 film as well (if you scroll to the bottom of it there are a few more general notes on the story itself).

Do enjoy and looking forward to seeing you all on Monday!


12 comments:

  1. I have tons of schoolwork, but I'm sure I can manage three chapters a week. I think I'll do it - yes, I shall. It sounds like so much fun... you've fully persuaded me, haha! "See" you on Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naomi,
      Yay! And oh, quite splendid, m'dear.... I'm so glad! ;)

      Delete
  2. Great, that sounds very do-able :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Souns about right. I am looking forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dr. Sus,
      Good! And feel free to let me know how it is as we go along. ;)

      Delete
  4. Great, Heidi! I'm so happy to learn that we'll be going at a leisurely pace! Are we going to be doing weekly or bi-monthly updates on our blogs?

    Thanks so much for hosting and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cleopatra,
      So glad it sounds good! I'll probably do a link-up of some sort at the end of the read-along (with any additional posts everyone's done, etc.), but what you'd like to do is totally up to you---so feel free to post about it as often or as little as you like or can. :) So happy you're looking forward to it and Happy New Year as well!

      Delete
  5. Pace sounds good. Very familiar with the story as it's my favorite Austen story, except perhaps for when I'm reading Pride and Prejudice. I've only seen the 1995 movie adaptation but like it very much.

    And your reviews were very good. Thanks for hosting the read along!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. George,
      Good! And I always get stuck between P&P and Persuasion as well....it usually depends on what I've recently seen or read. Also, you're welcome and glad you enjoyed the reviews!

      Delete
  6. This sounds fantastic! I haven't read this one or seen any adaptations yet. Count me in :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. T,
      Fabulous! And I'm so glad you're joining us! :)

      Delete

Would love to have your thoughts! Just please keep it respectful and civil. Also, if someone else has left a comment you’d like to reply to -- feel free!