Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Stories are Soul Food Podcast // Tolkien Ep

Popping in to share a thought provoking new podcast I just ran across, specifically their recent episode on Tolkien. 

They make some really interesting points, including some great observations on how Tolkien's lengthy descriptive passages fit into the entire story -- for which reason I immediately wanted to share with y'all.

(I do take a little issue with the ending discussion, i.e. where I'm realizing I'm much more in Tolkien's camp on various deep myth questions than Lewis's/at least with Narnia. Don't get me wrong, I do love Narnia, but, big picture wise, I love and am so much more comfortable with Tolkien's approach. N.D. Wilson seems to be on the other side of the discussion... but that particular myth debate is open-ended and will probably keep going for generations. ;))

LISTEN HERE

I'd love to hear what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to have your thoughts! Just please keep it respectful and civil. Also, if someone else has left a comment you’d like to reply to -- feel free!